EPABX is stands for Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange. This is a private branch exchange (PBX) as a telephone exchange that serves a particular business or office, as opposed to one that a common carrier or tele solution company operates for many businesses or for the general public.
It comes under the category of business phone systems which serve a business environment. It is an office equipment of immense use for telephonic connectivity with extensions of a single phone line.
EPABX has proven to be of immense use in communicating within office, making routine work simpler. It can be defined as a switching system for calls that enables both internal as well as external switching functions in an organization. Typically, up to 10,000 subscribers can be accommodated by a single EPABX system.
Components of EPABX
- Internal switching network.
- Microcontrollers and microcomputer for arbitrary data processing for control and the logic.
- Logic cards, switching and control cards, power cards and related devices to facilitate operation.
- Stations or telephone sets, sometimes called lines.
- External Telco trunks that deliver signals to and from the EPABX.
- Console or switchboard allows the operator to control incoming calls.
- UPS, connecting wiring, cabinets and other housing materials.